My Links:

Nasty Outfit

How Much The Future Will Suck


BnF

Nasty Outfit Sound Studios


Monday, July 13, 2009

Giant Robots Are Meant To Blow Up Stuff


~What does zord mean?~
I just watched the reveal trailer for the new MechWarrior game and I'm pretty disappointed. I never really got into MechWarrior. Mainly because I didn't have a computer running windows, but also because the robots were boxy and slow compared to sleek acrobatic gundams. This video is supposed to show a reimagining but it looks like an old Godzilla movie reimagined in cgi.
If you're gonna have clunky, slow moving robots, might as well add a bunch of color to them, and make five of them that fuse into one giant one, and call it.. what would sound cool? Something that begins with a Z.. and ends in “ord.” wait, it will need mega at the beginning because that gives it +10 cool points. Okay, okay, I think I got it: A MegaZord.
It's been years since anything cool has happened with the Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers franchise. Super Sentai has died out in Japan, leaving the American branch to fully film episodes. Transformers, GI Joe, and every Marvel character are all getting 21st century remakes, so why not something with the word Morphin' in it's title?

No comments:

Post a Comment